Ornamental Embroidery reserves the right to change these terms & conditions without prior notice.
The term 'Ornamental Embroidery' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to Ornamental Embroidery, are acknowledged on the website
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website/s. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website/s
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content are copyright of Ornamental Embroidery: © Ornamental Embroidery 2012. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk or other private electronic retrieval system extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content, nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of public electronic retrieval system.
Terms and Conditions of sale
The prices for goods and services, including postage and packaging, shown on this website are in pounds sterling (£). Ornamental Embroidery reserves the right to amend our prices and delivery charges without prior notice.
Kits, publications and accessories
- If an item is no longer available for sale through the Stitch Emporium, Ornamental Embroidery will remove it from the website at the earliest opportunity
- Any purchased item/s found to be out-of-stock, will be placed on back order and dispatched as soon as it becomes available. In the case of multiple purchases, the remaining item/s will be dispatched on receipt of payment and the out-of stock item/s posted at Ornamental Embroidery's expense as soon as it becomes available. In the event that we are unable to deliver an item within 28 days of receipt of your order we will notify you and refund the full purchase price of the relevant item/s to your account
- You must notify Ornamental Embroidery within 14 days of making a purchase if you wish to cancel any open orders, on receipt of which the cost of the item/s will be refunded to your account
- Should kit materials be temporarily unavailable, that is for a period in excess of 28 days, Ornamental Embroidery reserves the right to substitute fabric grounds and threads of comparable quality. A notice to this effect will appear on the relevant page of the website
- In the event that all the available places on a workshop run by Ornamental Embroidery have been filled, a notice to this effect will appear on the relevant page of the website
- For workshops run by other institutions in collaboration with Ornamental Embroidery, you may need to check availability with the institution in question, the contact details of which can be found on the relevant page of the website
We accept payment by PayPal, cheque in pounds sterling (£) or bank transfer. Paypal is the safest way to pay by credit card online; for more information see www.paypal.com. Orders will not be dispatched until payment has been received in full (including any delivery charges) or if paying by cheque, until the cheque has cleared.
On receipt of an order, confirmation will be sent to your email address detailing the items you have purchased. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase. We accept your offer when we confirm that we have dispatched the order.
Unless otherwise indicated, items will be shipped to the delivery address provided during the checkout process. Subject to availability, orders will be dispatched within 5 working days, but customers should allow up to 28 days for delivery. Ornamental Embroidery is not liable for delivery delays once the item has been dispatched.
Postage and packaging charges are calculated as follows:
Packages up to 1kg
UK: £5.00 (second class mail)
Mainland Europe: £7.50 (air mail small packages)
Rest of World: £10.00 (air mail packages )
Packages up to 1.5kg
UK: £7.50 (second class mail)
Mainland Europe: £11.50 (air mail small packages)
Rest of World: £21.50 (air mail packages) OR £11.50 (surface mail, 10-12 weeks delivery)
Packages up to 2kg
UK: £10.00 (second class mail)
Mainland Europe: £15.00 (air mail small packages)
Rest of World: £30.00 (air mail packages) OR £15.00 (surface mail, 10-12 weeks delivery)
For orders in excess of 2kg weight, Ornamental Embroidery will notify you of any additional postage costs which must be paid before the items are dispatched.
Packages sent to addresses outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes on arrival in the destination country. The cost of any import duties and taxes levied are your responsibility and must be paid for by you. Ornamental Embroidery has no control over these charges or how much they may be. Please contact your local customs office for further information.
Returns and cancellations
Kits, publications and accessories
- Ornamental Embroidery endeavours to supply sufficient threads in order to stitch our needlework kits. However, should you require additional threads to complete one of our designs, we will supply these, at our discretion and up to 100g, free of charge
- If an item is faulty, Ornamental Embroidery will refund the full purchase price plus the cost of postage and packaging, providing we receive notification in writing within 14 days of receipt of delivery and the item has been returned to us for our inspection. Faulty items should be sent to Ornamental Embroidery, 48 Platts Lane, London NW3 7NT, UK. It is advisable that you obtain proof of postage and in the case of valuable items use the recorded delivery service. This does not affect your statutory rights
- In the event that you are unhappy with a purchased item, Ornamental Embroidery will refund the full purchase price (excluding the cost of postage and packaging), providing we receive notification in writing and the item is returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery, securely packaged and in an unused and re-saleable condition
- Please send returned items to Ornamental Embroidery, 48 Platts Lane, London NW3 7NT, UK. It is advisable that you obtain proof of postage and in the case of valuable items use a recorded delivery service. Ornamental Embroidery is not liable for the cost of return postage
- In the case of workshops run directly by Ornamental Embroidery, the fee will be refunded if we are notified of your intention to cancel at least 8 weeks prior to the date of the workshop. We regret that after this date the fee will only be refunded if we are able to fill the place
- In the event of Ornamental Embroidery having to cancel a workshop, a full refund will be given
- For workshops run by other institutions in collaboration with Ornamental Embroidery, you may need to check with the institution in question as regards its cancellation policy
Limitation of liability
In relation to kits, publications and accessories, in no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the invoice value of the goods. Ornamental Embroidery is not liable for any defects arising from normal wear and tear, negligence, damage, failure to follow the instructions or repair of the item without our approval.
In relation to workshops run by Ornamental Embroidery, except for personal injury or death caused by negligence and other circumstances where liability may not be limited under any applicable law, our liability in respect of any claim arising as a result of any acts or omissions under or in connection with this contract, whether caused by breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence to any other tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, will be limited to repayment of the fee paid to us. In relation to workshops run by other institutions in collaboration with Ornamental Embroidery, to the fullest extent permitted by law we accept no liability under any circumstances.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed and should be construed in accordance with English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.